Brainstrummings from a Bug-Eyed Bookworm

Tiff is a PhD student in English literature at UC-Berkeley. She takes no prisoners, bars no holds, holds no bars.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Business As Usual At The Bone Room

Okay...so most people I know are already acquainted with the fact that I work at a natural history store which sells fossils, insects, and human bones. What follows is a business e-mail exchange between a customer placing an order and Diana the manager.

Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Hello,

I was referred to your website by a Santero from the Orishalist.

I am looking for two (2) Havelina (Wild Boar) Tusks -- known in Spanish as "colmillos de jabali".

Do you carry these or can you refer me to a Vendor who may be able to?

Thank you very much,

Amber Emmenthal Smith
Los Angeles, CA

Dear Amber Emmenthal Smith,

We do not (cannot, by law) carry wild boar tusks, but we do have African warthog tusks, if that will do. They cost from $12 - $20 each.

Regards,

Diana

Dear Diana,

Santo!

Thank you for your response. I would like two of the African warthog tusks, please -- the $20 ones (hopefully, they're the large ones). There is a specific Path (or Camino) of Eshu Elegba that requires them in order to consecrate the fundamento.

It would be great if they could arrive by 09/22 (the Obatala Feast Weekend, and an auspicious time for me to have my new God consecrated). Do you have 3-Day Shipping available?

I remain ...

Yours very truly,

Amber
Emmenthal Smith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home