Brainstrummings from a Bug-Eyed Bookworm

Tiff is a PhD student in English literature at UC-Berkeley. She takes no prisoners, bars no holds, holds no bars.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Warning: Hissing Cockroach Pics Ahead!

Today, I got three Madascar Hissing Cockroaches as pets--all of them male because 1. I don't want them to breed, 2. they're sexually dimorphic, and the males have cute little ridges on their back.

Baby Love was hiding underneath some tree bark, so I didn't want to disturb him (he's the smallest one.) But Sugar Pie and Honey Bunch were up and about.

Sugar Pie and Honey Bunch having a roach-to-roach talk on a bark bench:


3 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Amazing Hypatia said...

I see a green leaf that looks like lettuce. What do they eat?

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humph, not much of a warning. I am so, so traumatized. Is that hissing sound only in my mind?

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger GT Foodies said...

They eat fruits and veggies. And dry dog food as well, but they can do without it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home