Brainstrummings from a Bug-Eyed Bookworm

Tiff is a PhD student in English literature at UC-Berkeley. She takes no prisoners, bars no holds, holds no bars.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Edgar the Eggplant Plant(s)

Does anyone remember the nursery rhyme,

I had a little nut-tree
Nothing would it bear
But a silver nutmeg
And a golden pear

?

Now that's one confused nut-tree if you ask me. I don't have any little nut-trees, but I have recently decided to try my thumb at growing eggplants. Originally, the plan was to buy one eggplant plant and name it Edgar. But the plants came in six-packs, like beer, so I bought six plants and divided them among two pots.

For some reason Blogspot is giving me trouble and won't let me post any eggplant plant pictures on the web, but they're starting to blossom into little purple flowers, the ovaries of which will hopefully turn into eggplants!

1 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I enjoyed your writing...

Ended up on your website accidentally - I was actually looking for more information on professor Huss (who's mentioned in one of your entries and is currently my PhD supervisor) and Google eventually brought me here :)

Anyway, "keep up the good work!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home