Brainstrummings from a Bug-Eyed Bookworm

Tiff is a PhD student in English literature at UC-Berkeley. She takes no prisoners, bars no holds, holds no bars.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Bebop and Archibald

Meet Bebop and Archibald.
I met them after going jogging this morning. They were hanging out on the anise plants next to my apartment building. "How do you do?" I said to them. Then I plucked off the anise stems they were on, carried them to my apartment, and put them in a glass jar. And now they belong to me. And they shall be called Bebop and Archibald, and if they live, they will grow up into Anise Swallowtail Butterflies. Actually, I can't tell which one is Bebop and which one is Archibald.

"It's a long way down..." (Sarah Mclaughlin, "Ice Cream")


"Feed me Seymour, so I can grow up big and strong." (Audrey II, Little Shop of Horrors--the musical)


"Do you know where you're going to? Do you like the things that life is showing you?" (Diana Ross, "Do You Know Where You're Going To?")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home