Brainstrummings from a Bug-Eyed Bookworm

Tiff is a PhD student in English literature at UC-Berkeley. She takes no prisoners, bars no holds, holds no bars.

Friday, June 30, 2006

All We Need Is Some Cyanide

Two of the more memorable accidental word-substitutions my sister has made during this 'vacation'.

Amanda: Did you see the news? A terrorist was canonised.
(pause)
Me: What?
Amanda: Oh. Did I say 'canonised'? I meant, 'incarcerated.'

(Drinking Shirley Temples at a restaurant)
Amanda: Hey, we should make these at home. All we need is some cyanide!
(pause)
Me: Cyanide?
Amanda: Oh. Did I say 'cyanide'? I meant, 'grenadine.'

1 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure she really meant grenadine after what she tried to get you to do to my milk. I'd watch out for that "sister" of yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home