Brainstrummings from a Bug-Eyed Bookworm

Tiff is a PhD student in English literature at UC-Berkeley. She takes no prisoners, bars no holds, holds no bars.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Pretty Weird Dream

I just woke up from the strangest dream. I was wandering around a (middle and elementary) school located right next to the ocean, with two pools. It was a long dream, and some of the more memorable scenes were:

A whole bunch of people my age (early twenties) and I were standing around in a circle in a classroom, and we were supposed to play a game which involved doing something--anything bizarre--nd then tagging the person next to them, who would have to do something bizarre then tag the next person, etc. And I refused to play and kept insisting it was a stupid game because there were no rules, and there was no point to the game, and everyone thought I was a wet blanket.

There was a really large, red locust that was some sort of classroom pet, and I carried it around the school on my finger as it opened its wings and made a loud sound akin to a helicopter.

I was trying to get out of the school, and I accidentally found myself in the area which led to the "little sea", (there was also a "big sea" area), and there were funny-looking dolphins there with very short, blunt noses, and I was trapped between a big glass door which led straight into the ocean and another inner glass door, and there was a really large hairy crab which was clamping on to me and I couldn't escape back inside because of the crab and the persistent pull of the tide.

And then I woke up very disoriented and dizzy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home